Postscript after viewing Pen Varlen exibition in MMCA Deoksugung

I`ve visited MMCA Deoksugung to view the exibition <Pen Varlen> a few days ago.
With so bright light, warm atmosphere and clear blue sky, there are many people hanging around Deoksugung. Families, couples and friends, all the people in Deoksugung seemed to enjoy spring and good weather! and so did I!!
 
I`ve found an introduction of Deoksugung in official website of Deoksugung.
Let me introduce the information below.
 
Deoksugung Palace is one of five royal palaces remained in Seoul. Mainly built at the turn of the 20tm century, Deoksugung Palace is the smallest of Seoul`s palaces, The name Deoksugung Palace means "Palace of virtue and longevity" in the spirit of praying for long life for Emperor Gojong.
 
Located at the corner of Seoul`s busuest downtown intersaction, Deoksugung Palace is famous for its elegant stone-wall road. It is also the only palace that sits alongside a series of wertern style bulidings that add to the uniquenes of the surrounding scenery. Deoksugung Palace is virtually two palaces in one - a Korean traditional comples bleesed with numerous examples of late-Joseon palace architecture, and a Western-style palace complex complete with two imposing neoclassical structures and Korea`s first Western-style garden.
 
We hope to enjoy and learn about Korea`s cultural heritage. Thank you.
 
- All staffs of Deoksugung Palace -
 
 
 
△ MMCA Deoksugung


 
△ garden of Deoksugung(gung means palace)
 

 
△ Deoksugung Seokjojeon


 
 
Anyway, I went to Deoksugung to enjoy the exibition <Pen varlen> in MMCA Deoksugung, so I stopped looking around people and scenery and entered the MMCA Deoksugung.
 
Whole exibition was separated into 4 sections
 
1. Panorama of Leningrad
2. Portraits with soulds
3. Journey to Pyeongyang
4. I forgot. sorry :(, but this part was related with landscapes of something, maybe Leningrad.
 
 
The exibition was so nice, and moving. Also it made me sense some kinds of meaningful feelings.
I have taken some pics that I liked and would like to share them with you.
 
 




 
 
 
What do you feel? Three drawings gave me intense feelings and made my mind heavy and calm.
Especially, I felt these feelings from the expression of figures appearing in drawings.
Let`s look at the drawings closed up below.
 
 
 

△ <People in Rage>, 1961, Etching.



△ <Tragedy of division of Korea>, 1962, Etching


 
△ <Tragedy of division of Korea>, 1962, Etching


What do you think? I think Pen Varlen performed really outstanding ability in many parts. Especially, He had pursued reality in his drawings and philosophy during his life. This reality we can find thru his works, and I found it so much in the drawings above. In my opinion, His reality is based on 2 parts, one is fundamentals and the other is contents that he wants to deliver to people. He had highlited fundamentals such as techniques, ability to express and sincerity etc. Actually, He draw his works so delicately, expressions that are vague, but expose figure`s emotion frankly. Look at the figures` face and feel their emotitions, I can feel rage, sorrow, tragedy, broken heart or any other complex emotions that can`t be explained with remarks. I liked his works because I could know his deep affection on human. He expressed this without any exaggeration. I found that Pen varlen had treid to investigate the figures specifically and delivered the results of investigation to viewers frankly. He was a meditator in his age, and even now also he is for present viewers.
It was a good experience. Hope you guys would visit him if you are in Korea now!!
Postscript after viewing Pen Varlen exibition in MMCA Deoksugung Postscript after viewing Pen Varlen exibition in MMCA Deoksugung Reviewed by Unknown on 1:02:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Flickr

Powered by Blogger.